A blog on ship spotting and opinions of maritime interest from Nova Scotia's French Shore and beyond
Monday, February 21, 2011
Ferry Security: Is it getting too much overkill??
After travelling on Marine Atlantic last summer, I'm beginning to wonder if the Canadian Government has gone too far on the security on the ferry system. Now, I don't know if the security is tighter for the Princess of Acadia since this past summer or any of the Northumberland Ferries, but, Yarmouth started the trend as it was an International connection only a couple of years ago. I'm thinking, if Government would turn ferry terminals into airport style checks, this country should be called "the United States of Canada" (what a mockery of this great land of ours) as we become even more uptight on everything surrounding us. Now I know we're in a post 9-11 society and we need to have more safety, however, I think Marine Atlantic has gone overboard (no pun intended) on the security in recent years. I'm also reminded that bomb scares like in 2009 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkIGGi0VY6c&feature=related are averted because of increased security, so, I'm 50/50 on this issue: a little overboard, but safer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment