Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What's up with the Rosaire?

                                       In Meteghan, October 2008

Now, for part 2 of my blogs for today, the clamshell dredge Rosaire has been at the Meteghan wharf since the fall of 2008 and last moved to the AF Theriault shipyard in May of 2009, only to head back to Meteghan.  It's origionally based out of Saint John, New Brunswick as part of Dragage Verreault's fleet.  It's last job before being here was at the Cape St. Mary's wharf in the summer of 2008.  With all the storm damage to Point Du Chene, New Brunswick and countless other harbours affected by the winter storms, this dredge would be one of only a few in the maritimes capable to do the work required.   Here's an interesting fact, this is the last one to dredge the harbour in Meteghan back in 2002.

Info for the Rosaire on Dragage Verreault's website


                                                     summer 2010

1 comment:

  1. I remember that dredge here in saint john. I was wondering where she was now I know. when it was in saint john all it did was sit.

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete