Saturday, April 9, 2011

Comeau boats report

                               Lady Comeau II on the slip this winter

I was at Tim Hortons today and got to talking with some people about the Comeau Sea Foods boats.  Remember in a older post that I reported the Lady Lisa II would be up for sale?  Well, I got an explanation for it.  Though she is the newest dragger (built in 1980), The Lady Comeau II, Lady Denise II (both built in 1963) and Lady Yvette II (built in 1965) were re-engined in recent years and are more fuel efficient.  The Lady Lisa II was never re-engined since being built, so, with the older technologies, she burns more fuel than her much older fleet mates.  And here's an interesting fact:  The crew pitches in for the fuel and are more likely to go on the fuel efficient vessel than the "gas guzzler" .    I'm also hearing some speculation the herring seiner Lady Noreen might also be on the market.  Only time will tell if this is true or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment