On Sunday July 28, 2013, I had taken a trip aboard MV
Blue Puttees, just three days before she unexpectedly ran aground at a wharf in Port aux Basques. Unlike that day, my day cruise to Newfoundland and back to Nova Scotia was uneventful and enjoyable to say the least and the ferries were running on time as has been the case until this incident happened. Despite the recent incident involving this ferry, I was not shaken by this and I do still like to sail on not just the Blue Puttees but her fleet mates as well and look forward to sailing on Marine Atlantic in the future.
The MV Blue Puttees getting ready to load on July 28, 2013
Outside observation deck on MV Blue Puttees, you can still have a great view from this location.
Fully loaded and bound for Newfoundland
Arriving in Port aux Basques, the location where she unexpectedly grounded a few days later is to the right of her funnel in this photo
Getting ready to depart Port aux Basques
Sunset aboard MV Blue Puttees coming back to North Sydney
Youtube link 1
Youtube link 2
Youtube link 3
No comments:
Post a Comment