As the ship got a new coat of paint, all areas where primer was showing (at the anchor hawsepipe on the starboard side and at her propellor marking on her port side) are now gone. There is also continued improvements to the terminal area as an excavator is still around the back end of the property with what appears to be a pile of dirt. No fencing there as of yet, perhaps waiting for the ground to thaw before anything moves on that. Sorry, no photos of the terminal today as I was in a rush.
A blog on ship spotting and opinions of maritime interest from Nova Scotia's French Shore and beyond
Saturday, February 16, 2013
As good as new
I may not have been around on her first day back this time, however, I got to Digby today to see the Princess of Acadia one week and two hours after departing Charleston and I'm very impressed with the work they've recently done on her. Unlike her last refit in Halifax which only saw her hull repainted leaving the crew to finish the superstructure, this time, the whole ship got a fresh coat of paint that looks a shade brighter perhaps due to a different primer or how the paint bonded in a different climate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment