Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lady White Head and company

             Lady White head on the slip on 10 August, 2012

According to reliable sources, MV Lady White Head has presumably been sold by the New Brunswick DOT (possibly heading to Newfoundland after refit) and her new owners are getting some work done before taking off.  The AF Theriault Shipyard is currently working on her topsides for now and quite possibly work on her hull next.  No word yet on a name change,  but will keep everyone posted if such event occurs.

On the other slip (2) the Anchor Mariner is getting some work done, alongside the wharves, the Nauti Cat 1 and the ferry Joe Casey.  The Joe Casey has been around for quite a while and I have no idea why she's sticking around the shipyard at this time.  She had a major refit/overhaul back in the fall/winter of 2011-12.  All I do know, the Spray is taking her place on the grand passage until she's back in service



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting. I was there in Meteghan for the past 3 weeks and noticed the boats you mentioned. Took the Lady Whitehead several times to Whitehead Island off of Grand Manan, which is a beautiful spot.

    Always nice to see your updates from AF Theriault while I'm back in Boston, but your font colour is very hard to read.

    ReplyDelete