Sunday, August 14, 2011

Trip on the MV Princess of Acadia



I took a trip on the Princess of Acadia today and I really enjoyed it.  The round trip walk on fare was $61.00 ($30.50 one way) this year.  We left right on schedule at 8:00 and enjoyed a sun shot trip over to Saint John, N.B. until an hour prior to docking when we encountered fog.  Before that, we spotted whales off the port (left) side of the ship.  Nothing like enjoying a freshly brewed Starbucks coffee while whale watching.










Every time I board, I lose track of time and let all my worries go away.  Most people think I'm crazy, but, this is my kind of relaxation.

Coming back from Saint John, Brian, one of the animators from the New Brunswick Museum gave very informative presentations on the Bay of Fundy about it's nature and people.  


Arriving back in Digby, I reflect on fond memories this ferry has given me over the years and I really enjoy every minute on board.  I'm usually on the outside decks throughout the duration of the crossing.

I would like to thank Captain Ken Smith as well as the officers and crew on the MV Princess of Acadia for making my day stress free and relaxing and I look forward to returning soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment