Friday, September 21, 2012

Underway? (updated)

                Marine Coaster II on September 3, 2012

It appears that MV Marine Coaster III is heading to it's new home tonight.  Departing the AF Theriault and sons shipyard late this afternoon, I first had visual of her in Meteghan and she seemed to be steaming past the breakwater.  This was about two hours ago, I arrived home and tried to track her on AIS, only to see a huge  mistake on her AIS.  It reported she docked in Meteghan and appearing to undergo some trials before departing, however, I saw her steam past the wharf and breakwater.  I will report back tomorrow if she's back at the yard, in Meteghan, or no longer around these parts.  No pictures of her today as it was raining at times heavy here.

Update 09/22/12:  It is only trials after all, she left the Meteghan wharf at 3:30 this afternoon for a brief 15 minute trial and headed back in.  No word on when she will depart for Newfoundland and no definate answer as to where she will operate yet.

Update 09/30/12:  She departed Meteghan on September 23 for Halifax and then followed the Marine Atlantic ferry MV Highlanders yesterday to Port Aux Basques, NL.  No word yet if this is her final destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment