Sunday, November 8, 2015

BFL to take over Yarmouth ferry

As I was on vacation last week (Yes, I'm a little late on my news), I have found out that Bay Ferries Limited (BFL) could take over the ferry link between Yarmouth and Maine.  Whether Portland is still the destination or not is yet to be determined.  Also, the ferry itself is yet to be identified but one thing is certain, it won't be the Nova Star again, which in my mind is a positive step in the right direction.  Hopefully, BFL will find a ship within the next few weeks for the international link and I do believe the service will be a huge improvement from the previous operator.  This being said, I do wish BFL all the best in their efforts to keep the link going into the future.  As for the Nova Star, she is currently anchored in Portland Harbor under arrest with unpaid bills on the U.S. side reaching a little over $1 million.

links of interest

CTV Atlantic

Portland Press Herald

No comments:

Post a Comment