For the first blog in May, I went to visit Lunenburg yesterday. Quite a few shops were open in town during the first weekend of May, including the Bluenose II Company Store on 121 Bluenose Drive. I got to enjoy some fish and chips from the Grand Banker Bar and Grill and enjoyed it very much. Afterwards, I decided to stroll around town to the wharves and towards the shipyard to visit a "new" old friend, Bluenose II, still undergoing the installation of her rudder, propellers and bowsprit before being re-launched to get her topmasts on before her sea trials expected sometime in June. A few places not open yet are the Fisheries Museum (undergoing renovations since March) and Big Red's restaurant.
The fisherman's memorial
Bluenose II's home berth
Bluenose II undergoing what should be part of the final stages of her resurrection (rebuild) at the Lunenburg Foundry Shipyard, part of the Lunenburg Shipyard Alliance. Her new and improved bowsprit built in Dayspring would be installed before launch and topmasts to be installed afterwards.





No comments:
Post a Comment