Bluenose II on the slip at the Lunenburg Shipyard on May 4, 2013
Before I start, there has been a leak in Bluenose II this fall link to CTV Atlantic news story. Do I think the problem could (or has been) fixed? Of course it can. With the help of the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS), the Bluenose II will be watertight before her delivery, slated by mid to late summer. And of course you can expect a small amount of water (not much though) around the keel or bulkheads when dealing with a wooden ship.
Now, on to what I really have questions about: As a new build, would Bluenose II still carry her original IMO number (5419086) or MMSI (316245000)? Will she have AIS like the first version? Would the ship's bell still have the original build year (1963)? Those questions could be answered hopefully during the summer months. All I can say, I really can't wait to see our floating ambassador back in the water, fully completed and sailing again in the near future.

No comments:
Post a Comment