A blog on ship spotting and opinions of maritime interest from Nova Scotia's French Shore and beyond
Sunday, April 14, 2013
Thoughts on Bluenose II rebuild
I'm sure some are wondering what I think of how long the Bluenose II rebuild project is taking. Well, here I go without further a do. I do think a great ship like Bluenose II does take time to build, so it's always great to have patience when undergoing such a project. Also, wooden boats are more stricter to build nowadays and even more so in Bluenose II's case as she's built to be under writed by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS). And as for the ship being built with foreign wood, all I can say, it's stronger than our own local lumber products, so, this incarnation of our floating ambassador can outlive her predecessor. I'm just so glad that all three Bluenose hulls were proudly built in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia and that's what truly matters. And for those waiting for the schedule to come out, be patient, it would be out around June when the resurrected Bluenose II heads for her sea trials according to the official website. I would like to also take the time to thank Ralf and the crew at Nova Scotia Webcams for letting us view the stages of the rebuild process over the past three years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment