A blog on ship spotting and opinions of maritime interest from Nova Scotia's French Shore and beyond
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Summer trip
Unlike the last trip, I will not be sailing on MV Atlantic Vision (pictured in this July 2010 file photo) and focusing on the newest additions to the fleet this summer. I want to experience the MV Blue Puttees and MV Highlanders first hand this summer and share my thoughts on both. At first, I'll admit, I wasn't a big fan of the concept designs, however, as soon as MV Blue Puttees was completed and delivered, I slowly began to turn around and got used to their design and it started to "grow" on me as well as ushering in a new era in Ferry travel with a world class service to the island of Newfoundland. Although I might be thinking of their predecessors during my travels on both ships, I'm pleased with the turn around from 2011 and look forward to what tomorrow may bring. Other than Newfoundland, I'm also planning to travel between Caribou and Wood Islands and hopefully travel to Lunenburg to see the Bluenose II.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment