A blog on ship spotting and opinions of maritime interest from Nova Scotia's French Shore and beyond
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Halifax visit
I visited Halifax and Dartmouth this week and missed a special celebration by one day. The CSS Acadia (pictured here) celebrated her 99th birthday on July 8 (I arrived on the 9th). Before being preserved as a museum exhibit, she was a hydrographic ship in peace time and an auxiliary patrol vessel and gunnery training ship during both world wars consecutively. I also had the chance to buy some Titanic gifts while shopping around the waterfront and the museum gift shop. In a few weeks I will be travelling on a few ships and visiting an icon in the sailing world: Bluenose II, our floating ambassador. I will report back as soon as the trip is done. Here's hoping everyone is staying cool in this heatwave we're having lately!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment