MV Atlantic Vision funnel, July, 2010
With MV Blue Puttees now at the Halifax Shipyard for her first ever Canadian refit and MV Highlanders fresh off hers, I thought it would be a good time to talk about my plans for travelling on these two new additions to the Atlantic Canadian ferry fleet as well as maybe a trip on Northumberland Ferries. I'm going it alone for this trip since it would be in my best interest and I would get to experience them first hand and not be influenced negatively or in a biased manner. I have scheduled it for mid-summer and will report back what I think of the new Marine Atlantic experience. Just to note, no one inspired me to do this other than myself . In 2010 at the end of my first trip on MV Atlantic Vision, I was really impressed of her overall performance and service, while people were still talking negatively about her (my inspiration for trying her out). I'm also looking forward to quite possibly sail on both Northumberland Ferries this year, I still remember being on MV Confederation when she was only one year into her service in 1994 and on MV Holiday Island only months after being transferred from her N.B.- P.E.I. duties in 1997.
No comments:
Post a Comment