Sunday, December 7, 2014

Reflecting on the Princess of Acadia


I am writing this blog post as a frequent traveler on the Saint John-Digby route. From my first trip on June 30, 1994 until my very last trip on July 31, 2014, I made 44 sailings aboard the Princess of Acadia. And all those sailings except for one in 2008 for fishing gear in one of the propellers have been on schedule and I have never questioned the safety or reliability of the ship. Come to think of it, my number of trips aboard is also the number of years this great vessel has served us before being retired (I do hope to make more trips on her eventual replacement). There was a time in 2006 when I was worried to see the day the service was going to be cancelled and over those 8 years, was concerned over the long term future of the ferry service. Now, with the purchase and recent arrival of the former Blue Star Ithaki, I'm confident the service will be around for many years to come. A huge thank you to the captains, officers and crew on the Princess of Acadia over the years for a great courteous service and hope to see everyone on the current crews aboard the replacement ferry in the near future. I had great memories aboard the Princess of Acadia over the years, however, progress moves forward and I am looking forward to making new memories on a newer ship.

 Bon Voyage MV Princess of Acadia. You served us well over your 44 year career.



No comments:

Post a Comment