Saturday, November 1, 2014

It's official: Blue Star Ithaki to replace Princess of Acadia

   Meet the new Digby-Saint John ferry: Blue Star Ithaki.  Photo credit: Blue Star Ferries


Now, it's official: it is Blue Star Ithaki that will replace the 43 year old Princess of Acadia.  This is really exciting news as it gives a long term solution for the Digby-Saint John route.  I did welcome this news about a month ago when I first learned about it doing a google search "Digby ferry replacement" and the tradewinds article on the Ithaki being the replacement ship was displayed.  Judging from a few youtube videos, the replacement could very well be more reliable in winter than the outgoing Princess of Acadia, expected to be retired in March.  I look forward to sailing on this new(er) vessel next summer and, hopefully, for many years to come.


Links
(both demonstrating Blue Star Ithaki's impressive stability)
Youtube video 1

Youtube video 2

Link to my first blog post on potential replacement at the time

No comments:

Post a Comment