A blog on ship spotting and opinions of maritime interest from Nova Scotia's French Shore and beyond
Sunday, January 30, 2011
MV Atlantic Vision: A nice ferry experience overall
I want to start off with my opinions on Marine Atlantic's Atlantic Vision. I honestly don't see what the big fuss is about on this ship, other than not enough seating and not being purpose built for the ferry run from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland. I had a pleasant experience on board last summer and I would honestly go back to her should I re-visit Newfoundland in the near future. Now I know the buffet can be a little bit too pricey, however, the food on the line was very tasty!! As for the crew, If you ask them for something, you'll get it and the staff is very courteous and friendly, as on all of their vessels. The colors are also more inviting than previous ships, such as the forward lounge for example. Even though she's not a perfect fit for the run to Port aux Basques, the Vision may be a good ship for the Argentia route as a cruise ferry. My only advice if Marine Atlantic purchases the ferry, they should refit it with a Cafeteria and more seating on deck 8, open the health club on deck 10 and washrooms on deck 6 (for those who just can't hold it in!!) And out of the newer fleet, I honestly prefer her over the Puttees or Highlanders, and, out of the old fleet, it's a tie between both superferries. I have followed Marine Atlantic since a young lad and the Atlantic Vision was my first modern cruise ferry experience I had in a while. And sure there are some mechanical problems, however, that's the nature of things. I'm sure there are worse mechanical failures than what she's experienced on other ships out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment